Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

You Rock Babe


Tutorial by Jcuttlebear01 aka JoAnn

5/2/2011
I do these tutorials for fun and not
for any profit. I use them also as a learning tool to
help others learn the fun and art of paint shop pro.

All things I use are collected, the only thing I claim
Is the tag I make with these as my work.

This tutorial is written with the idea you
have some knowledge of PSP.
This was done in PSP 9 but should work with any.

Supplies:
Tube of choice
Font of choice
All I used are HERE

Plug-Ins
AAA frames texture HERE
Penta dot and cross HERE
Filters Unlimited HERE

Open new image 800 X 700
We will resize later.

Open the tube you wish to use, and
pick a light color for the foreground #e6c57f
and a dark color for the background. #924527
Minimize the tube in PSP for now.

Take your preset shape tool set to the settings below.
Letter G in your preset shapes>it's in the supplies if you
don't have it>place in your preset shapes folder.
NOTE
I have made a template that you can use
in psp 7 that is in the supplies.
If you can't get the preset to work.

Draw out a frame large, we will resize when we are all done.

Layer convert to raster.

Magic wand and click on the dark part of the frame
AAA frames texture effects>
Deselect

Select in the brown area once again and>
Effects>plug in penta dot and cross>use default settings.
Deselect

Change your preset shape to oval and draw a circle in the middle of your frame.

Change the background color, to a color of choice.
I used #d8d4c9
Convert to raster layer
Click on the inside of the circle>selection modify and contract by 25
new raster layer copy and paste into selection the record.
Deselect

Add a drop shadow


Make sure your on the top layer>merge down.

Preset tool>and go rectangle shape>set the width
at 5
Highlight layer 2 in the layer pallet>draw out a rectangle
Don't make it to large. Layer>convert to raster>
click on the inside of it.
Effects>blind effects


Deselect

Select the frame around it>effects>texture>
you can use a texture of choice, this is what I did.
This is what I have so far.
Repeat the step above but change the colors

on the blinds change it to light from top, so
it runs the other way.

Select small frame around the edge of this one,
add another texture.
Deselect

Now draw another rectangle up and down this time,
change colors>move it how you want it.

Layer duplicate and mirror>Leave that one
alone for now.
Convert to raster layer

Go back to the one on the left side and select inside
I used filters unlimited paper background>fabrous paper fine
with default setting and give it a texture.

Select>
Then I gave it filters unlimited
Glass frame 2>change frame size to 35

Deselect>select on the inside of this one
filters unlimited>paper background one of choice>I
used canvas nature coarse.
Deselect
This is what we have now.
I took my deform tool and moved and pulled down on
the ones we just made, not to much.

Take your selection tool and cut out, so the side ones
look like they kind of weave>if it helps take and lower
the occupancy down so you can see where you are at.
Make sure your on the right layer.
Do the same with the other side, but at the top.
Go back to the bottom frame and select it>selection modify expand by 5
add a new raster layer.
Add a background of choice.

flood fill #63390f is what I used.
layer arrange and move down.
Deselect

If your happy with the way things look now
you can add any accents you wish to at this time.
I added a branch and resized it by 50 percent

added a drop shadow>2, 2, 75 and 7 color black
Took deform tool and turned it how you want it.

Add the notes bar resize as needed.
Add a drop shadow.

Add the little guys with music instruments, and the others
resize as needed and place them where you want them.

Add your wording, and any thing else you wish to at this time.
Add your tube of choice and resize as needed, add drop shadow.
If your happy with every thing merge all layers.

Select all>invert>image>crop to selection.
It will get rid of all the extra empty back ground.
Image>add border 10 pixel background color.

Add your water mark and resize as you wish, we
are all done.
Your ready to save and share your work of art.

Would love to see what you do with this.
Thank you for giving my tutorial a try.
I do hope you have enjoyed this tutorial, and learned
something new.

Have any questions or need help.
Just let me know, I'm always happy to help any way I can.
Jcuttlebear01@aol.com

Another I did

Thank you Mary.
Thank you Jessica
Thank you Wendy

No comments: