Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Christmas Delight


Tutorial by Jcuttlebear01 aka JoAnn
11/7/2011
I do these tutorials for fun and not
for any profit. I use them also as a learning tool to
help others learn the fun and art of paint shop pro.
Everything I use I have collected don't claim to have
made anything other then the tag.
Notes:
All settings will remain the same unless otherwise noted
This tutorial assumes you have a working knowledge of PSP
Remember to save often in case your psp crashes.
I did this in PSP 9 but sure any one will work.
Scrapbook kit is from Wicked Princess
called Cheers and Hugs

Supplies:
Font of choice
Mask of choice
Tube of choice

One I used if from PSP Tubes by
You can get it HERE
Please don't use if you don't have a license
PLUG-IN
AAA-foto frame
New image 700 X 700
Flood fill with color of choice
Selection tool>draw a square
you don't want it real big
New raster layer ff with white
Selection>modify>select selection border
New raster layer>copy and paste into selection
a paper from the kit>or ff it.
I used>WP_CHH_PP2.
I resized it and colorized to go with my tubes.
Also rotated it by 90 percent all layers so the strips
are going up and down.
Deselect
Effects>inner bevel
Duplicate the frame layer
Close it off the copy of the frame layer
will work with it in a few.
Click inside the frame with magic wand
Expand by 4
Add a new raster layer>ff with color of choice
or use a paper from kit.
I'm using WP_CHH_PP8 from the kit.
Note:
I took my crop tool and cut the paper down in
size to get what I wanted in my frame.
Move below frame 1
Layers should look like this.
In layer pallet activate frame 1 and go to
Image rotate>free rotate


Activate your layer below the frame
and repeat.
Un hide the copy of frame 1>move it down where
you want it to be.
Select with magic wand>expand by 4 add a new raster layer.
copy and paste another paper you want to use.
Repeat the rotate by change it to the left.
This is what I have so far.
Activate your bottom layer>with selection tool
draw a rectangle across your image below the frames>
add a new raster layer and copy and paste a paper into it
or ff which ever you would like the best.
Give this the same bevel as before.
Now were going to add some accents
I added from the kit WP_CHH_LACE BORDER.
And moved it above layer 3

 Give it a nice drop shadow
On layer pallet>activate raster 1
Add a tube of choice.
I'm using from the kit>WP_CHH_SNOWMANGIFTBOX
resized it by 25 percent and with deform tool turned it and pulled it out
some like I wanted.
Add Same drop shadow.
Activate raster 2 and a tube of choice.
I'm using WP_CHH_PUPPYPRESENTS
Resize by 25 percent and move how you want it.
Add drop shadow
Click on top layer
I added
WP_CHH_BERRYSTEM.png
Resize by 50 percent>with deform tool turn and
arrange over on frame 1 like you want it.
I took the eraser tool and removed part of the stem
Duplicate layer>take free hand selection tool
and cut off some of the berries and the bow.
hit delete or edit cut either way.
copy and paste this on the frame where you want it.
This is how I have mine
I moved them below the tubes.
When your happy with this give each
one of the berries the same drop shadow.
If you happy with the way this all looks
close off the bottom 3 layers and merge visible.
move them where you want them.
I then added WP_CHH_BLINGCIRCLES from the kit
resize by 70 percent, I colorize mine to a color that
would go nicely with my background.
Drop shadow
Move layer below the merged layers.
I copied and pasted
WP_CHH_TREE resize by
70 percent move over
to the left of your frames.
Drop Shadow
Add
WP_CHH_MOUSE CONE
resize by 40 percent.
arrange where you want him.
Drop shadow
Add
WP_CHH_POINSETTACANDLES
Resize by 35 percent
Move over by the frames
Drop shadow
Add tube of choice
Resize as need be
Arrange how you want her.
Add drop shadow
Add wording or any thing
else at this time you want to.
if your happy with what you have
close off the back ground layer and merge all layers.
Open the background up
Add mask of choice or the one
that was in the supplies.
I took off the word wonderland.
I then added a new raster layer>ff with a color
from tube>moved to bottom and gave it a nice texture.
Crop off any extra you don't want on your tube.
On the bottom layer I added foto frame
then took deform tool and pulled the merged layer
in some and the mask.
What mine looks like now

If your happy with it merge all layers
add watermark>and name if you wish.
Resize if you wish
Your now ready to save your work of art.

Would love to see what you do with this.
Thank you for giving my tutorial a try.
I do hope you have enjoyed this tutorial, as much
as I did writing it,
and learned something new.
Have any questions or need help.
Just let me know, I'm always happy to help any way I can.
Jcuttlebear01@aol.com

Thank you Mary

Thank you
Dreams

No comments: