Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Purple Love

Tutorial by Jcuttlebear01 aka JoAnn
4/22/2010

I do these tutorials for fun and not
for any profit. I use them also as a learning tool to
help others learn the fun and art of paint shop pro.
Everything I use I have collected don't claim to have
made anything other then the tag.

Notes:
All settings will remain the same unless otherwise noted
This tutorial assumes you have a working knowledge of PSP
Remember to save often in case your psp crashes.

I did this in PSP 9 but sure any one will work.

Scrapbook kit is the wonderful work of
Immortal Dreams AKA Missy Lynn
It is called Lavender Spring (T)
you can purchase the kit
HERE

Supplies:
Tubes of choice.
Font of choice.
It is by Melissaz Creationz
Template #71
HERE
Mask HERE

Plug ins:
AAA frame works
HERE
Filters unlimited HERE

Download all supplies needed,
open and minimize them in
your psp.

Place mask in your psp mask folder.

Install any plug ins you need.

Open the template and hit shift D on your key board
and make a duplicate, close the original.
Delete layer 11 you see here in the layer pallet.


Highlight layer 9 select all, select float, select and defloat.
Flood fill with a color you have picked from the tube
your using. #ae6cb6 color I used.......or use scrapbook paper.

Select ~ modify


Add a new layer and flood fill with a nice gold pattern.
Deselect

Layers merge down.

Highlight layer 10 I didn't do anything to that,
layers merge down.

Highlight in your layer pallet layer 2 select
Flood fill layer with a color or a paper from a scrapbook kit.
I used paper 15 copy and paste into selection.

Select ~ modify ~ Select Selection Borders
same as you just did above.

Add a new layer and flood fill it with the gold patter.
Deselect

Layers merge down

Highlight layer 6 in your layer pallet.
Select all~select float~select de~float
I used paper 10 from kit.
Copy and paste as a new layer, invert and hit delete on
your keyboard.

Select ~ modify ~ Select Selection Borders
same as you just did above.
Deselect

Layers merge down.

Highlight layer 4 in your layer pallet.
Select all~select float~select de~float

Flood fill with a color or use a paper from kit.
I used paper 18
If you use a paper copy and paste as a new layer, invert and
hit delete on your key board.

Select ~ modify ~ Select Selection Borders
same as you just did above.
Deselect

Layers merge down.

In your layer pallet close off raster 8 and the copy of 8
Highlight layer 3


select with magic wand and flood fill with color
of choice, I used #e6d3e9

Effects texture effects and pick one
you like. What I used.


Select ~ modify ~ Select Selection Borders
Add new layer and flood fill with the gold.
Deselect

Now you can un hide layer 8 or not use it at all
It is totally up to you.

Open the tube you wish to you resize as needed.
I used one of the fairies from the kit and resized her
by 20 Percent, move her how you want
then erase any thing you don't want showing
out side the frame.

Give your tube a nice drop shadow.


Layers merge, merge down.

Do the same with the copy of layer 3 as you just did.

I added the fairy again and mirrored her.

If your happy with what you see Layers>Merge>Merge Visible,
What I have so far........I didn't like the stitching around the little frames
so I just deleted it, and didn't like the one on the other frame there you see
in white so deleted it also.


Add a new layer and send to bottom, flood fill with color of choice.
This will be your background.

Now add the mask, the one I supplied or one of choice.
Go to layers > Load saved mask > Load mask from disk
Find your mask, make sure your settings are the same as mine,
and hit load.


in layer pallet delete mask, when asked say yes,
layer merge group.

I duplicated the mask a couple of times so it would stand out.
Close off the merged layer you have and then merge
visible, make sure your on the right layer when doing this.
Re size the mask down about 90 percent.

I gave the masks a drop shadow


Close off your mask and merge all visible layers.
Un-hide the mask layer and with mover tool move things the
way you want them. When happy with it then layer merge down.

Add any accents you want to at this time.
When happy with every thing merge all layers.

Add a new layer and flood fill with a color of choice.
Or you can use a paper from the kit.
Layer arrange and send to bottom.

Highlight your layer 1 and effects
AAA frame works, photo frame.


you might use a different color depends on your background.
I re size my merger layer by 95 percent so it wouldn't over lap
into this next step.

Add a 10 pixel border color of choice, I'm using my back ground color.

AAA frame works texture frame


Filters unlimited

You can play with the settings until you get what you like.

Layer new layer add water mark
merge layers

Re size to your liking.

Your all done and ready to save your work of art.

Would love to see what you do with this.
Thank you for giving my tutorial a try.

I do hope you have enjoyed this tutorial, and learned
something new.

Have any questions or need help.
Just let me know, I'm always happy to help any way I can.
Jcuttlebear01@aol.com

Another one I did

mydachshund aka Barb

all 4 below are by
GGmom9 aka Mary
Thank you dear.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: